Consumers First Title can close any commercial transaction in Florida or in any of the 50 states. We offer superior service, a customer-focused staff and consistent quality, resourcefulness and professionalism. This backed by the financial strength of our underwriters assures you a smooth seamless commercial transaction.
- Reverse Mortgage
A reverse mortgage enables older homeowners (62+) to convert part of the equity in their homes into tax-free income without having to sell the home, give up title, or take on a new monthly mortgage payment. The reverse mortgage is aptly named because the payment stream is “reversed.” Instead of making monthly payments to a lender, as with a regular mortgage, a lender makes payments to you. Because it is NOT a regular mortgage other title companies that haven’t dealt with putting these types of deals together can have a hard time understanding and working up the necessary documents. At Consumers First Title we have the knowledge necessary to make sure your Reverse Mortgage closing is as smooth as any other.
- 1031 Exchange
1031 exchanges provide investors with one of the best tax strategies for preserving the value of an investment portfolio. By using an exchange the investor is able to defer the recognition of capital gain taxes that would otherwise be incurred on the sale of investment property. The investor can then use the entire amount of the equity to purchase substantially more replacement property. At Consumers First Title we have an abundance of knowledge when it comes to these types of transactions and work seamlessly with the Intermediary to ensure that your exchange is completed within the necessary timeframes.
• FSBO Services
Consumers First Title can guide you along in your transaction should you choose not to enlist the services of a Realtor. If you are buying “For Sale by Owner” these are the steps you should follow:
1. It is best that you contact Consumers First Title (“CFTC”) before you actually begin the process of looking for a home.
2. Once you have contacted CFTC and find a home you would like to purchase, any deposit that you make on that home will be held by CFTC.
3. To the extent that you need to make an offer on the home, CFTC will guide you in the preparation of your offer.
4. Once your offer is accepted, any additional deposits will also be held by CFTC.
5. Once a contract is signed, the friendly staff of CFTC will assist you with any additional arrangement necessary prior to closing.
6. After that, the staff at CFTC will take charge and make sure that there are no liens on the property, the taxes have been paid and any association fees or dues have also been paid.
7. CFTC will then prepare a closing statement for your review, collecting all the costs and credits that you are entitled to as a purchaser of the home.
8. Then we will close and issue you a Title Commitment backed by one of our well established title underwriters.
• Short Sale Services
Consumers First Title can assist you and give guidance during the foreclosure process and even help you sell your house in a Short Sale before it goes completely into foreclosure.
A Short Sale is when a seller is in financial distress, a transaction is negotiated and sale approved even though the property will sell for less than what is owed to the lender.
Some of the advantages of selling your house thru a Short Sale are:
- Your credit rating can be preserved
- It is less stressful than foreclosure
- Your other assets can be preserved
Call us today to see if you are a Short Sale candidate.
• Escrow Services
Whether you are just making an offer or have a fully executed contract to buy or rent real estate, Consumers First Title can hold and disburse escrow monies on your behalf.